The Goldilocks Effect



One day in science class in 8th grade,
A funny comment my teacher made,
That stuck with me to this day,
And its presentation long been delayed.


"The Goldilocks Effect!" He exclaimed,
"Its the theory of the universe!" He proclaimed,
You see, if to the sun, Earth were only 5 miles closer,
It would be black burnt toast,
Yet if it were five miles farther away from the sun,
The icy blizzards would leave no single one.


And so, forwards my teacher pushed his theory,
That throughout the world, it's seen clearly,
We always strive for the happy middle,
Even though a maze of riddles,
Plague the journey through and through,
A careful balance must be made,
So that is how the world plays.


And I've adopted this queer philosophy,
To my own belief, opposite of dichotomy,
The yin and yang, all live together in harmony,
A happy medium, peaceful, charming.

And that is why to this very day,
I cannot decide between two separate strays,
For I see not one not two not three,
But four sides of the coin, what a catastrophe.
My mind is indecisive,
Moody, and pensive,
My sive
catches all the opinions and thoughts
Making decisions, my mind surely can-not.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Passionate Review of One Outs (26 EP)

My Own Life Philosophy

Why I Attend Williams College